Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring Sunset - March 11 2004


One of these days I'm going to do a video of 365 English Bay sunsets. One for each day of the year. The only wrinkle is that I'm not certain if even I would have the patience to watch it. 365 sunsets at 4 seconds per with a 1 second dissolve transition between each image would work out to just over 30 minutes.

Given the potential boredom factor of such a piece I think I'll start small and rather than the mother of all sunset videos I'll try a 180 degree image of English Bay, Kitsilano, Vancouver, the Sunshine Coast and West Vancouver. I'll knit together 12 images at nearly monthly intervals with a PhotoShop blend between each frame.

It might look rather nifty as a 36" by 24" poster.

This image is a flash from the past - 2 years and 1 day ago in fact. A most spectacular sunset.

No comments: