Monday, April 16, 2007

Fresh Pacific Rain Drops


Such a sad day today.

The rains beat against my apartment windows for most of the morning and afternoon and turned a 45 minute walk along the seawall into a chilled and somber affair.

The rain I am used to. In fact, as a slightly overweight power walker I love the cool mist on my face.

The events that unfolded today at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA however I will never get used to. Like a bad dream that keeps coming back to punish the sleeper for a transgression they have no recollection of having committed more children died today.

But, the empathy of nature knows no bounds and as I watched the dismal evening news the sun broke through the rain clouds and flooded English Bay with warm gentle light. Perfect macro-photography light in fact.

The smell of a wet beach, pacific air and the feeling of spring sunshine on my face beats anything on TV. Especially today.

No comments: