Sunday, April 01, 2007

One Pic a Day Plus One


Officially spring is barely 2 weeks old yet for us here in Vancouver most of March and a good chunk of February has already delivered that virginal blush of nature at her most delicate.

Ahhh spring. The older I get the more spring becomes my favorite season. Why is that I wonder?

Perhaps it's the lack of the humid thickness of a thunderstorm laden evening that is an Ontario summer. Or maybe it's the fact that winter, at it's most extreme on the west coast is but a week or two of chilly inconvenience.

Whatever. The days have been glorious and over the past weeks I've accumulated a ton of wonderful images and video. Some duds to be sure but many photographs that take even my jaded breath away. I caught the most spectacular sun dog one recent sunset. One so vibrant it made any that you'll find on the web thin by comparison.

This month I will post a new pic each day plus one on the first of May. I've enough new content to fill each day already but to spice things up I'll dip into the older archives as the month unfolds.

To begin here is one of the half dozen swans that call Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park Vancouver her home. This August I'll return to this spot with my trusty old-school 35mm loaded with Kodak Infra-red film. Nearly 10 years ago, with my first role of infra-red no less, I created magic that I've yet to do again. Maybe this year.

No comments: