Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Late Bloomer


One of the interesting thing about walking the Vancouver Seawall 6 to 7 times per week has been being able to watch spring unfold in what seems to be slow motion. The past is the past and all but ... sigh ... if I had it all to do over again I would have started a daily walk along the seawall years ago. During previous years if my life was too busy I would see a few blooming trees, blink and then ba-bing it was summer.

Not this year.

Very early in January I started my diet and exercise program and as a result I have had the pleasure of watching the various trees and shrubberies that line my daily walk slowly shake off their winter slumbers and blossom. Don't get me wrong though. It's anything but over and spring is still very much in high gear. While the Cherry Blossoms have nearly completed their blooming in the downtown core of Vancouver the larger trees have just begun.

It's a magical process to be a part of.

No comments: