Thursday, February 22, 2007

Watching the Waves


Sunshine has returned to Vancouver and you can almost hear the creaking and popping sounds of spring preparing to burst out all over. During the next 6 weeks the city will go through that wonderful switch from a palette of dark moist greens to one that's mostly eye popping pinks and blues. I can't wait. This winter proved to be a nutty one with more meteorological violence than I've seen during my previous 15 west coast winters.

The past few days I've been messing around with some old school neutral density filters and new school digital manipulation and while this photo is as close to reality as a Big Mac is to a healthy meal it's still one that wound up in my CoolPics2007 folder.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and "had I all it to do over again" I should have used a bit of fill flash to punch up even higher the contemplative tourist on the right side. The reality of the shot though was that the whole thing transpired over the course of 45 seconds and Mr. Tourist did not spend 10 minutes gazing out over English Bay. Don't command the moment. Surf it.

No comments: