Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Boys & Their Toys

While it freaks out the cats to the point that they hide underneath the bed ... me personally there is nothing cooler than the sound of a hovercraft either coming or going. Especially one that's powered by engines you'd normally find on a 10 passenger aircraft.

Today, while cruising to and from Second Beach here in Vancouver I caught a moment of the Canadian Coastguard's hovercraft trainer putting the peddle to the metal and letting the craft soar. For half an hour I'd watched the hovercraft perform very basic training maneuvers and when the moment to rock arrived I was so glad I had my dual still/video camera ready.

Apologies for the jerky motion in the video. Give the tech a few years and the smarts in today's basic $1,500 Hi-Definition video camera, in particular the motion stablization smarts, will be wrapped into your basic $199 point and shoot for free.



No comments: