Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cover Shots

Virgin Spring

Spring is in the air here in Vancouver and for those east of the Rocky Mountains here's a hint of things to come.

It was 11' C today which made for a great walk this afternoon. The sun arrived by the time I got home and I switched from the new kid on the block, the 5 Mpixel Canon to the workhorse Nikon.

I've been quite impressed with the versatility of the point and shoot digital but .... well ... once you go Nikon you really can't go back.

The pics to follow I'd hoped would be as crisp and clean as the originals but , sigh, Blogspot.com tends to process the uploaded images to save space and download time (a good thing) and in doing so makes them .... fuzzy (a bad thing). Maybe it's time I followed my brother's lead and switched to Flikr.





22" LCD Wallpaper

I re-sized this image from my Nikon D80's native 3872 x 2592 resolution to something that, in theory, should fit better with a 22" LCD monitor running at it's native resolution of 1680 x 1050. It's the start of my daily Seawall walk and the point I look left and right for any high speed cyclists that may or may not be oblivious to us pedestrians.

In theory, if you click on this image you will be presented with a larger version that, if you choose to do so, you can then set as your Windows wallpaper. In theory.


24" LCD Wallpaper

And, for those at the leading edge here's another view of spring in it's infant days sized for the native resolution of a 24" LCD monitor - 1980 x 1200.

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off and plan to hike to the edge of the Stanley Park destruction. I'll be bringing the full compliment of gear (digital video, digital still and a real tripod) so the posts this weekend should be pretty cool. I'll upload the video to both YouTube and Stage 6 with links posted here.

No comments: