Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Snowcapped Sunshine

The weather has returned to predictable here in paradise with 4 days of low cloud and rain trading places with 3 days of gentle sunshine. And, after just over 7 weeks of diet and exercise, I'm into a nice state of acceptance with the weather. Rain or shine - 6 or 7 days per week - I'm out there burning off the fat (9 lbs so far).

I haven't felt this good physically in 10 years and can't wait to hit my next weight target and spoil myself with one of those new nifty comfy bikes. Walking 7 km (4 miles) per day is great but I'm looking forward to spring and the variety that I expect biking 2 or 3 days out of 7 will bring.

The interesting thing that I've discovered about dieting in particular and personal behavioral modification in general is that as time goes on you can't remember why you didn't make the change in the first place. Yes there are major bumps and minor bumps along the road but they seem to get smaller as the new behavior takes over and dominates the old.

No comments: