Saturday, December 05, 2009

BoB2009-01 | English Bay Rainy Sunset HDR

To close out 2009 and get some traction on the thousands of cool photographs to come in 2010 here is the first of my 'Best of the Best" for 2009. Key to my photographic workflow for many years are the various "CoolPic" folders I create to hold what I consider to be the best of my photographs. Near year end when it comes time to create my Christmas calendar or cards that year's Cool Pic folder is the first and most often last stop I'll make.

This photograph is a High Dynamic Range composite created from 7 images of English Bay just past sunset on December 3 2009. What I liked the most about the series, even before post-processing the captures into the HDR composite, was the wispy tendrils of rain cascading from the approaching cloud bank.

No comments: