Wednesday, December 16, 2009

BoB_16_2009 Bryce IR 23 June 2009 DSC_8347

Here's one of my favorite shots taken during a trip to Bryce Canyon Utah this June with my brother Mike. The color shots are great but for some reason I'm really drawn to the black and white infra red photos I took.

This one is at pretty much the ground zero view point in Bryce looking away from the canyon and towards the forests that lead up to it. Off in the distance you can see an approaching rain storm. In the foreground are the high alpine trees hanging on for dear life at the edge of a 5,000 foot drop.

Bryce owes it's fantastic geological formations to the regular rain storms that hit the region and just 10 minutes prior to taking this shot Mike and I were treated to a stunning and heavy sudden downpour. A bit creepy to have happen with expensive digital cameras hanging around your neck and slippery slopes just a few feet away.

No comments: