Saturday, December 12, 2009

BoB_12_2009 Cypress Falls HDR Jun 05 2009 DSC6154_55_56_57_58_59_60

One of the many hidden photo-gems in Vancouver is Cypress Falls Park. It's located in West Vancouver and straddles Cypress Creek which, as the name suggests, is one of the major run-off creeks for Cypress Mountain.

It's a very spiritual place for me and has been a frequent stop when I'm in the mood for doing slow exposure water fall scenes. The spiritual angle comes from the many faces that you'll find in the various rocks and cliff faces that surround Cypress Creek. This shot being no exception.

This year when I visited the park I shot nothing but High Dynamic Range. Initially I found the results a bit too visually 'sweet' for my tastes however months later I reviewed the series a second time and really liked what I saw. I'll post a second photo from the series on December 22.

This photo I think perfectly captures the Eden like pre-civilization feel that the thick and brooding old growth arboreal forests in BC really project.

No comments: