Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chasing A Sunset May 15 2012.jpg

Thanks, in no small part I think, to the recent multiple moments of space history that the May 22 2012 launch of the Dragon capsule to the International Space Station has delivered my HDR artistic muse has taken full control of my post production moments. I've been a space geek since the pre-landing-on-the-moon-days and happily set my alarm for a 2:30 am berthing of a what only a few days earlier was an earth bound space faring dragon. A zero-tolerance-for-error hookup to the most complex structure humanity has ever built.

Intellectually processing the 'OMG that's so incredible' feeling as a private space craft (in my life-time no less!!) berths with the ISS at 17,500 MPH 200 miles over the Andes mountains at 3:00 in the morning required a right brain creative balance. Refining, tweaking, re-tweaking and publishing a lone earthbound seagull chasing the sunset over Vancouver's English Bay was perfect.

I love the 21st century.

No comments: