Friday, July 10, 2009

Bryce IR 23 June 2009 DSC_8347

So far this is my favorite capture from the Bryce Canyon shoot. It was taken with my trusty old Nikon D100 modified for Infra Red photography by the magical elves at LifePixel.com in Washington state. If you have an old digital camera and want to give it a second life point your browser at their web site.

I was totally impressed with the work they did on my D100. So much so that the first thing I did the day after Bryce was to ship them my Nikon D80 for conversion. I think I can combine my love of HDR and my love of IR into this totally cool and very new fusion.

Until then it's pure magic like this shot. I really like this capture in its raw version (shown). Notice that it's not really black and white. It's more a semi color tinged black and white. Sometimes a shot looks best in pure B&W. Other times though, this one in particular, looks best just as the camera shot it.

No comments: