Sunday, July 26, 2009

1972 My First End to End Photo Northern Saskatchewan

This is one of my earliest self portraits taken during the summer of 1971 or 1972 in the mid northern area of Saskatchewan. By 12 years of age I was already enamored by photography and this photograph represented a crowning achievement for me right near the start of what became a lifelong passion. I performed the full old-school workflow for the picture including taking it, developing the B&W negatives and printing the enlargement.

I miss my old darkroom but I love my 21st century digital lightroom even more.

1 comment:

VancouverDoug said...

One thing I should mention is that the quizzicle expression on my face is mostly me wondering when the heck the auto-timer on Dad's large format Yashikamat (I still have it) camera would take the shot. :)