Friday, February 04, 2011

HDR Tennis Game 7 London


HDR Tennis Game 7 London, originally uploaded by VancouverDoug.

A new High Dynamic Range treatment I've been working with for the past few weeks. No, I didn't zip over to London England last weekend but I did borrow a photo sequence from the gang running a rather fun 'contest' on Facebook called "HDR Tennis". The sequence they posted a few weeks back I felt needed an emphasis on black and white given the vintage nature of the House of Parliament's architecture along with respect for and attention to the warm tones of the late day sun.

The nice thing about the digital darkrooms of the 21st century is that you can save a technique created with a sequence like this and then apply it to other images. As I've found since creating this treatment it works great for low light sunsets.

No comments: