Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vancouver West End Oct 19 03a

Vancouver's Burrard Street Bridge :: built between 1930 and 1932 as one of Canada's great depression shovel-ready construction projects.

Gotta love depressions. We get such cool stuff. For the 2008 one we in Vancouver wound up, among other goodies, with a new western Stanley Park Seawall. Very cool.

I love this bridge and from day one thought of it as sturdy but still quite pretty. Sort of like how I, as a Welsh Canadian, view Northern European women In a bridge sort of way I mean. ;)

And, over the years, I've come to realize that half of my infatuation with the bridge is its reflection in the waters of False Creek. In this shot the water is looking all 'Bond, James Bond' slate-metal-cool. Makes the bridge, naturally due to the 'Bond-Factor', look even cooler. :)

No comments: