Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sunset Beach Macro 10a June 19 2012

Pretty in Pink.

What amazes me about the shots in this series is that I shot the HDR sequences (3 frames, hand held, +/- 1 stop) in the usual gentle but 'in-your-face' wind that roles in off English Bay here in Vancouver nearly constantly and, regardless, the result are still razor sharp. I love you Photomatix.

What I thought originally (5 years ago) was a weakness in the medium - requiring multiple shots - turns out to be it's strength. Having a series of slight angles on the scene (inside the focus point of the depth of field) taken as it moves provides just that much more clarity and color info. It's like you picking something up and moving it around to get a good look at it.

So don't fear HDR photography. All it takes is a camera that you can set to up to shoot multiple shots over and under exposed and computer software. Once you go HDR you won't go back. Trust me.

No comments: