Thursday, March 01, 2012

Fire Dragons 04 Feb 22 2012 With Dark Dragons in Tow HDR

The fourth in the my Fire Dragon series. High Dynamic Range has shown me how much happens that I don't see directly but my peripheral vision does. In fact my HDR workflow is very reminiscent of my days as a kid playing in the darkroom I'd built in my family's basement (in two homes no less). Waiting for the true image to emerge from the exposed paper I was shuffling around in the tray of developer fluid (developer -> stop -> fixer = 3 trays) while in the magical red light of the darkroom has permanently stuck with me. With HDR the feeling (but not the smells LOL) of anticipation is very much back but in a ... wierd digital way. I also love that my go-to piece of photo management software is called Lightroom. :)

No comments: