Monday, January 03, 2011

Sirrus HDR Diana Lens Ghost Cleanup Test Jan 01 2011

I'm onto my third major revision of Photomatix which is the software I've used since nearly day one to generate HDR images. This version I'd consider the most evolutionary yet and adds much needed noise reduction as well as the ability to fix 'HDR ghosts'. Ghosts in the HDR world occur when part of scene moves while you are taking a sequence of shots that will be merged, via programs such as Photomatix, into a single HDR composite image.

Ever one to push things into the insane I took a sequence of slow natural light exposures with my spiffy new Diana lens of my cat Sirrus and then used the anti-ghosting tool in Photomatix 4 to pick just Sirrus in just one of the 9 shots in the sequence to be included in the final composite. It worked out rather well expect for the missing top of her head. Sorry about that sweetheart. :)

No comments: