Thursday, July 08, 2010

07 08 2010 Minoru Park Chapel IR HDR 01b_DSC2193_4_5

Located in the north west corner of Richmond BC and directly south of the Richmond Hospital you'll find Minoru Park. A carefully tended mixture of willows, ducks, waterfalls and manicured lawns including the Minoru Chapel shown in this picture. I'm a big aviation fan (Go Snowbirds!) and thanks to Wikipedia was charmed to learn that the first flight of a Canadian aircraft west of Winterpeg (Winnipeg) took off from Minoru Park on March 25 1910. Just over 100 years ago.

This is my first High Dynamic Range Infra Red composite image and I quite like the effect. Thanks to my brother Mike for suggesting the treatment years ago and for my good flickr friend Harris Hui for pointing me towards the park with his own IR and color photographs. You can find more of Harris's work here -> www.flickr.com/photos/harrishui/sets/72157621471405773/

No comments: