Thursday, April 15, 2010

Warm Spring Sunset English Bay Vancouver Apr 14 2010

Here's a nice and dreamy spring sunset over English Bay in Vancouver Canada. Very much a preview of the hazy, lazy summer that's just around the corner.

One thing I really like about this photo is that it was taken by my new, simple to use, Nikon L110 point and shoot camera. I bought the camera specifically for its ability to shoot 720p High Def video onto a flash card rather than those pesky and so-old-school video cassettes. As always with these simpler cameras I find that it reinforces a key rule I've learned to love about photography - it's not the camera that counts it's the conjunction of the photographer with a camera (any camera) and the moment.

Photography is all about the moment in my opinion. With a cheap little point and shoot camera, one that's ready to go the moment I turn it on and, most importantly, is not something I'm too worried about breaking or loosing there's a much greater chance I'll have it with me than my more expensive equipment.

It's always nice to see how photographic beauty transcends the dollar.

No comments: