Monday, January 11, 2010

Burrard St Bridge 90mm Jan 11 2010_DSC9403And8more_tonemapped

Sometimes with High Dynamic Range photography "less is more". Here's a composite of 9 images of the Burrard Street Bridge that crosses False Creek into downtown Vancouver. This photo was taken on a very rainy west coast winter Monday afternoon around 2:30PM. The forecast called for 100 to 200 mm of rain for Howe Sound which is north of Vancouver on the way to Whistler. Ground zero for the 2010 Winter Olympics in 32 days and the spot where my brother and I will watch the Olympic Ski Jumping in just over a month from now.


In this shot I wanted to capture the nice pocket of warm color from the lights on the north bridge span nestled in the grey brooding nature of winter on the west coast represented by the bridge itself. Thanks to the magic of High Dynamic Range photography I think I captured it.

During winter on the 'wet coast' less is more.

No comments: